What’s in the queue for next up to craft? Ideas here!
Recently purchased yarn or patterns
Derren Tee by Jacqueline Cieslak
I own the print copy of Embody by Pom Pom with this pattern. I don’t know if I can get a digital copy somehow to have on my iPad while I knit? I purchased a set of Suburban Stitcher yarns from her yearly collection that I’d like to use for this.
Nyneve by Ruth Brasch
Purchased yarn from Suburban Stitcher, Sock base in Star Struck – received 07/09/21. Purchase pattern from payhip.
Recalibrate by Shana Cohen
Pattern is in my library, still need to pick yarn. Could use light fingering and incorporate the Huckleberry Knits handspun.
Quotidian Tee by Kerriknits
I had been watching this be test knit on Instagram and the set in sleeves are really nice. I purchased the pattern and there is a whole intro pdf with info on all of the different styles you can make it, including an A-line option. Short sleeve A-line is 1585-1760. Leading Men soliloquy x3 fade set. 1971yd. Only problem is that it’s bottom up, so trying to use more of the fade will take forethought.
Forage Sweater by Knitting Expat
Colorwork sweater – graphic chevrons worked on a top down raglan sweater. It needs 1820yds/191yds for 60” long sleeve 1645yds/191 for 56” long sleeve. Miss Babs Yowza DK 3 skeins (1680yd) in Hitchhiker’s Birthday to go with Alexandra’s Crafts rainbow (246yd) handspun?
Wavelength Pullover by Tina Tse
Colorwork sweater with sound-inspired lines above and below the sleeve separation. Muse 2320 Sparrow DK in Strike (1230yd) with Hamilton handspun (259yd) – 970 crop-1400 full/290 with sleeves. I’d want it short sleeves.
Rosability by Victoria Marchant
All over lace drop shoulder cropped sweater, with customizable arm sizes and a variety of options for plus size people. The back is stockinette. DK weight. Swatch Miss Babs Yowza in Zombie Prom, or get a semi-solid from Sun Valley. Needs 706yds for short sleeve version.
Bessie by Jacqueline Cieslak
This is her newest one, might be a good reason to try knitting with Knit Picks Lindy Chain. It was designed with a fingering weight cotton linen.
Blooming Brioche by Xandy Peters
This was in his keynote at zk2022. Could use some stardew yarn from Knit Circus or possibly 2 handspun – the blue jeans being ripped out of the crochet shawl + coral from sun valley are pretty close in weight.
Athena Tabard Tunic by Doris Chan
This was something Babs picked up on the giveaway table at SSK and I liked it so much that I wanted to crochet it. The pattern was free on Doris’s site: Free Patterns. I have Comfy Worsted in a yellow Creme Brulee colorway from the yellow paneled shirt I ripped out, and I bought some in Rosehip to go with it. Maybe the lace in the yellow and the edging in the pink?
Some further out ideas!
- Vertices Unite by Stephen West. 5 colors needed, not a full skein of any. Maybe some of my fucks yarn from Yarn Ink? JunkYarn Polly Pocket could go with it. Leftover Molly Girl has more than a skein left.
- Shot Reverse Shot by Shana Cohen
- Air Hugs wrap by Shana Cohen
- Trivestular by Susanne Sommer – not currently on her site to buy off rav. Maybe use gemtones handspun (sport) and MarigoldJen’s Tainted Love (sport) on bigger needles. Measure back to see if the Large size is large enough. Or maybe make another Shawl Shrug with those yarns?
- Deschain by Leila Raven – need to find good yarn that’s close to what it was designed in.
- Ridgeview Tee by Kerriknits
- Find a project for the advent handspun!
- Boxy Chevrons by Susanne Somers – not sure what fingering weight quantity I have enough of for the main color (1884 yards)
- Mechanical Mermaid possibly in Yellowstone colors from Yarn Ink to knit around when the season opens. Or Alexandra’s Craft super soft yarn?
- Socks with 716knits 716sock in Hostile 2122E from Alicia at zk2022.
- Sparkley Rock It Tee with Muse 2320 in Bubble Gum Ice Cream and Shirley Temple
- 5 skein top with Queen City Noda Sock (463 yards) in Emotional Roller Coaster (2 skeins), Wheezer (2 skeins), and Fierce (1 skein)
- Ashmore by Unwind Knitwear – spin fingering weight gradient (at least 275 yards). Needs around 2000 yards of main color as written (3XL). I own the pattern.
- Papilion Shawl – the shawl julia made with leading men show stopper and uneek sock sets.
- Something with Whitney handspun + garage dyeworks navy 2 skeins
- Something with color wheel handspun in process + garage dyeworks graphite 2 skeins
- Autumn Doodle or bee cowl from Pacific Knits with advent handspun and something neutral.
KNIT WITH HANDSPUN!