This round-up looks over how things went in all Yarnings/Kristine related areas! My goals for this coming year will probably follow in another or be talked about on an episode soon.
Yarnings: Knitting Adventures: 2016 FOs: 37 items, 22,980 yards (about 21k meters)
- 9 tops (11,800 yds combined): cozi boxi (Worsted Boxy, January), ValentinesAllYear (based on Christmas in July; February), stripes of march (Liesl, March), lady meris (Meris, April), omena may vest (May), summer vines tunic (based on Summer Vines, June-August), bamboo tank (fixed from last year, August), risen (October), purple princess kristine (Princess Fiona, November)
- 7 shawls (just under 6,000 yards). 1 hat, 1 cowl for me. 12 hats as gifts.
- 6 pairs of socks.
- Techniques: paid special attention to learning fair isle. taught classes at the Zombie Knitpocalypse
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale 2016 handspun: 3 items, 1,884 yards.
- 2 lace weight, 1 fingering.
- used one of the items in a project. used one of last years' handspun in a project.
when looking at new yarn purchases and this year's projects, I only bought yarn for accessories. all tops were knit with previous stash quantities.
knit 3 prototypes of a design, each using 2 skeins of yarn.
sweater quantities purchased in 2016 not yet used:
- Daizie Knits Dewy Laceweight, purchased at ZK2016
- Sun Valley Fibers MCN Laceweight, purchased at ZK2016
- several handspun quantities - from 2015 and 2016 - waiting to be paired with other things, including one gifted large skein of 760 yards.
previously purchased unknit sweater quantities
- Madtosh TML in Steam Age, earmarked for Serenity by Joji Locatelli.
- Knit Picks Palatte in multiple colors for some sort of a fair isle cardi, to go with other colorways I own.
- Frabjous Fibers Cheshire Cat mini skeins (600yds), to be paired with Bumblebirch Glen from 2016 yarn crawl.
- acquired multiple sweater quantities from a fairy yarn mother in multiple weights and quantities (1 fingering, 1 sport, 2 worsted remain). acquired another box from another fairy yarn mother that still needs to be entered into ravelry.
- purchased a few small quantities from destash that could go WITH something - Berroco Softwist (600yd between brown and black colorways) and Malabrigo Worsted (600yds).
- more of my cone of Peruvian alpaca laceweight.
- Cascade 220 in a lavender heather. purchased March 2013 on Rose City Yarn Crawl. wants to be paired with one of my handspuns or the Noro below.
- Noro Silver Thaw leftover from Lady Eleanor. purchased 2008.
Yarnings: Knitting Community: I attended 3 events this year: Rose City Yarn Crawl in March, Zombie Knitpocalypse in June, and Oregon Flock and Fiber in September. Continued to watch/listen to my favorite podcasts and added a few more to my list throughout the year.
Yarnings: Stitch Through Time: slow progress on paper piecing and sewing my first quilt.
in non-fiber recaps:
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: recorded 131 game plays on boardgamegeek. Attempted a 10x10 challenge and only made it for 2 games, but 6 other games were played 5 times or more. Attended game days at the game store periodically, and the full Gamestorm con in March. Visited a game store in Oakland, CA with a friend and played games there.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching/Now Reading: rewatched a variety of TV series between Netflix and Amazon Prime. Read mostly non-fiction (view on goodreads).
- Book of Cooking: settled into the kitchen and downstairs after remodelarama.
- Fanciful Chatter: continued using Perfectly Posh items (purchase here), enjoyed Chloe+Isabel jewelry. increased my LuLaRoe collection. played with lots of Colourpop makeup.
- Happiness Continues: yoga as often as I could. physical therapy for a badly sprained ankle gave me my strength back. entertained guests for gamestorm. traveled to friends in Illinois and Minnesota as part of my annual trip. traveled to friends in Northern California. let the center of the year be special for #celebrate40.
I'm definitely looking forward to another year of sharing my life on the Yarnings Podcast. And that's the story!