Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 102. Recorded Sunday afternoon, February 12, 2017. It is currently 50° and partly sunny.
the podcast took an unplanned break after the holidays, so here's highlights and plans to really move into the #yarnings year! also some thoughts on knitting for a cause.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: finished the holidays. dealt with much snow that rearranged days. ended up with yet another multi-week sickness, this time in my chest. Recapped last year in the 2016 Yarnings Year in Review.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: Pure Joyful Yarnings in Voolenvine + Skein
- FO: jeweled stripes cardi - Dirty Martini in Berocco Vintage
- WIP: Botanical Baddie Bees socks, the Euglassia Watsonia socks by Dami Almon of the Geeky Girls Knit videocast.
- somewhat hibernating WIP: christmas tubey cowl
- FO: Turn a Square hat for E
- FO: Pussycat brioche hat in Black Trillium Sublime - Portland Rose, and the rest of the Skein Top Drawer from my Pure Joy
- FOs: pan protectors - crocheted with random cotton yarn. 6 project entries on my Ravelry page, for 7 circles. 2 became dishclothes!
- FO: test knitting a hat, entered as Because, Science!
- new WIP: Hamilton brioche, a wider version of Sister Janie from Nancy Marchant's book.
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- almost FO: Huckleberry Knits
- Anita handspun got a little work
- WIP: Santa Creek Creations polwarth gemtones - finish plying for february's spin12in17?
Yarnings: Stitch Through Time:
- WIP: english paper piecing for me. using a Moda fabric that I got in charms, mini charms, and a jelly roll to make a quilt or wall hanging that incorporates the hexagons.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- behind on podcasts, my podcast board and emails, and only really focused on instagram of late when it comes to knitting. Knitting adventures and travels will come throughout the year and that makes me motivated to hop back into podcasts.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- went to a Board Game retreat at a community center in the woods. so many games - played 8 games that weekend! also a Guardian game day, and games at home. new goals for the year are a 5x10 list (instead of 10x10 - just 5 games to play 10 times over the year): Castles, Oh My Goods, Energy Empire, Legendary, and Race. also a challenge to play 24 new to me games this year (8 so far)
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: much tv watching has happened since last podcast. Currently watching Hawaii Five-0, which I had only watched through the beginning of season 3 before.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst and listening to The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. see my goodreads profile for other things in process.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Listening: Nashville Cast TV show soundtracks, and Marvel soundtracks, including newly added Agent Carter soundtrack and Doctor Strange soundtrack.
- Fanciful Chatter: new acrylic drawers (these ones, from the Container Store) for my makeup, especially my colourpop.
- Book of Cooking: new pans: WearEver Ceremic lined! lots of old favorites after the holiday, several different soups, breakfast for dinner, now with more with Pancakes.
- Happiness Continues: I am happier for taking some stands in my life. I respect your right to take stands in your life. There has been some ennui ("a feeling of weariness" MW dictionary) over the new administration of the US. I'm choosing to learn and grow and tell my elected officials how I feel - i have that right as a constituent. I will also be knitting for my cause - this means supporting dyers and designers whose contributions to agencies line up with my belief system. I suggest you knit for YOUR cause, we don't have to match!