Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 98. Recorded Monday, November 18, 2016. It's super windy and 48° in Vancouver, WA this afternoon.
sweater series continues for NaKniSweMo with my construction thoughts. stylin' in my new haircut.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: a little decompressing from the events of last week.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- WIP: Purple Princess Kristine: NaKniSweMo sweater, Princess Fiona, in STR Mediumweight.
- WIP: Kaylee Walks on the Sun - Sunwalker for the bigbadbergalong. Uses my handspun Kaylee's Parasol from Hobbledehoy and some Wollmeise from a destash.
- WIP: Botanical Baddie Bees socks, the Euglassia Watsonia socks by Dami Almon of the Geeky Girls Knit videocast.
- NAP: hat, cowl, shawl - combining patterns and yarns still!
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Santa Creek Creations polwarth gemtones - just wee progress this week
- flipped through much of Yarn-i-tec-ture at the library, really great basic spinning book by Jillian Moreno.
- Yarnings: Multicraftual: snow flakes to come for our tree.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- NaKniSweMo topic of the week:
- why NaKniSweMo? Love to feel the joy of doing a challenge at the same time as others, and not even necessarily others who are sweater knitting, but others who are challenging themselves to do a task in a month, including NaNoWriMo.
- week 2: sweater construction: pieces vs seamless, or partially seamless? seams add stability. seamless allows for knitting as long as I want. how does top down/bottom up consideration affect these decisions?
- showed off the 2 seamed tops I thought of to share, Alta (NaKniSweMo 2014) and Angostura vest. Mentioned Beekeeper's Tank (said the wrong name as Laneway on the ep). mentioned Custom Fit.
- Questions For YOU! what do you look for - pieces or seamless, top down/bottom up - when you are picking a sweater, and WHY?
- NaKniSweMo topic of the week:
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- game weekend at home featured Caverna, Race for the Galaxy with new expansion - Xeno Invasion, Imperial Settlers, and Viticulture. Still playing on iOS: Avengers Academy, also started Marvel TsumTsum.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: started and caught up with Designated Survivor, and caught up with Conviction. ABC throwbacks - FlashForward first. finished rewatching Scandal, rewatching The West Wing. attempted Luke Cage. started rewatching Once Upon a Time. The 100 season 3 is on netflix now! Gilmore Girls revival is next week!
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: Intuitive Eating (2012 version, audiobook)
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Listening: more Hamilton soundtrack :)
- Sagas of Geekery: general geekyness: installed a wiki (mediawiki, what wikipedia uses), making business cards for a friend with a small crafty business gave me lots of joy. (visit CocoLocoPapercraft to see the banner and pick up some of her lovely cards/kits). these are geeky things I like to do!
- Fanciful Chatter: haircut, inspiration of Gennifer Goodwin. Now Wearing: Color Affection, Chloe+Isabel geovista collection. Sephora's cream lipstain and Colourpop eyes.
- Book of Cooking: now drinking: Spicy Pumpkin Dirty Chai from Black Rock. made carrot pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting. Fried Chicken soup. Half-a-pasta. pancakes. Gardein chik-in cutlets with sweet potato gnocchi. persmimmons on my french toast. hand tacos.
- Happiness Continues: new Fitbit Charge 2 reminds me to wycwyc. proud to vote on election day. next week will be a different thanksgiving with me home alone but attending my family's thanksgiving day, and I bet I'll have all kinds of fun to report that I did while home alone :D