Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 97. Recorded Monday, November 7, 2016. It's cloudy and 63° in Vancouver, WA this morning.
starting a series on sweaters in honor of NaKniSweMo. tons of fun stuff - crafty and giggly/geeky stuff - with good mindfulness too.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: getting organized for the last two months of the year. Starting a series on sweaters in honor of NaKniSweMo.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- WIP: Kaylee Walks on the Sun - Sunwalker for the bigbadbergalong. Uses my handspun Kaylee's Parasol from Hobbledehoy and some Wollmeise from a destash.
- WIP: Botanical Baddie Bees socks, the Euglassia Watsonia socks by Dami Almon of the Geeky Girls Knit videocast.
- new WIP: Purple Princess Kristine: NaKniSweMo sweater, Princess Fiona, in STR Mediumweight.
- movie watching dishclothes, mentioned my garterlac dishcloth.
- NAP: hat, cowl, shawl - combining patterns and yarns still!
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Santa Creek Creations polwarth gemtones - completed two skeins, halfway through the third.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- NaKniSweMo topic of the week:
- why NaKniSweMo? Love to feel the joy of doing a challenge at the same time as others, and not even necessarily others who are sweater knitting, but others who are challenging themselves to do a task in a month, including NaNoWriMo.
- intro: sweater prep: research for pattern, research for yarn, research by gauge swatching
- week 1: fabric attributes: 2014 - cables (and lace), 2015 - fair isle, 2016 - lace (and intarsia)
- Questions For YOU! do you have questions for me on how I pick a sweater? what kind of fabric attributes do you look for when searching for a sweater?
- NaKniSweMo topic of the week:
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Oh My Goods! shown, played twice this week. Also played Roll for the Galaxy. Still playing on iOS: Avengers Academy, also started Marvel TsumTsum.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: rewatching the end of Gilmore Girls, rewatching Scandal, rewatching The West Wing. Caught up on Agents of SHIELD and Conviction. Saw Doctor Strange in the theater. It's the 15th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Once More with Feeling!
- Fanciful Chatter: bring joy into the house with colors and lights in my bedroom; pic of my celebrate joy tree for the fall. Now Wearing: my pattern the Urbanity shawl; Mt. Hood and cherry branches necklace from Dancing Heron; my Entangled Vines tunic. and Besame's Noir Red lipstick from the Mini set.
- Book of Cooking: Pumpkin Oatmeal in my Instant Pot and ate on it all week. Open-faced Turkey sandwiches with Harry and David stuffing and cranberry relish. Butternut squash, as many as I can get while they are in season :) a new library book, Seriously Delish, is going to have to be added to my collection! Trying out Celestial Seasonings Dirty Chai tea bags.
- Happiness Continues: great post from Carla about Foods with Benefits. from a pilates instructor, "An inspiring teacher works to form a sharp mind, a warm heart and a vibrant body" By Bob Liekens.