Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 99. Recorded Monday, November 28, 2016. It's partly cloudy and 52° in Vancouver, WA this afternoon.
sweater series continues for NaKniSweMo with thoughts on sleeves or the lack thereof. played with multiple crafts over the holiday weekend.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: thanksgiving and alone time.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: Gilmore Revivial cowl.
- WIP: Purple Princess Kristine: NaKniSweMo sweater, Princess Fiona, in STR Mediumweight.
- WIP: Kaylee Walks on the Sun - Sunwalker for the bigbadbergalong. Uses my handspun Kaylee's Parasol from Hobbledehoy and some Wollmeise from a destash.
- new WIP: christmas tubey cowl. or will it turn into one of two long wristers?
- WIP: Botanical Baddie Bees socks, the Euglassia Watsonia socks by Dami Almon of the Geeky Girls Knit videocast.
- NAP: gift hat, I have the yarn now, Black Trillium Merilon Worsted for a Barley Hat with buttons.
- snowflakes; but scissors still aren't sharp enough. also, paper was too thick.
- pompoms for trees.
- celebrating 100 episodes: share your yarnings memories in the thread on the ravelry group for a chance to win a fun prize.
- NaKniSweMo topic of the week:
- why NaKniSweMo? Love to feel the joy of doing a challenge at the same time as others, and not even necessarily others who are sweater knitting, but others who are challenging themselves to do a task in a month, including NaNoWriMo.
- week 3: sleeves: to sleeve or not to sleeve, that is the question! in general, I'd rather elbow length than 3/4 sleeve. I'd also rather have a longer top than have sleeves. If I don't have much of a sleeve, I can layer something over it. sleeves are slow and fiddly sometimes; perhaps 2 at a time FLAT would feel less fiddly than 2 at a time in the ROUND.
- specific examples: On a raglan: short cuff like Laneway or Stripes of March works well, as does a yoke style in ValentinesAllYear. For set in sleeves, just making a short edge is enough to make it a vest like Motorway Roadtrip or Beekeeper's Tank.
- Questions For YOU! how important are sleeves to you? How do you prefer to knit them?
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire. out to Guardian for Islebound, Lotus, and Floating Market. at home, working on Legendary dividers.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: another set of new shows with Designated Survivor and Conviction. ABC throwback: finished FlashForward. rewatching The West Wing. rewatching Once Upon a Time, started season 2. The 100 season 3. Gilmore Girls revival.... no spoilers, only love (showed my new laptop decal - in omnia paratus!).
- Fanciful Chatter: put together fun and comfy outfits for my days out of the house last week. Tuesday needed warmth from the rain in Lady Eleanor, Thursday was a LLR Nicole dress with my latest cardi (Risen), and Friday was comfy LLR Perfect T and leggings with Rhinebeck sweater and You're Beautiful shawl.
- Book of Cooking: corn casserole for thanksgiving, with cranberry relish dip for crackers. made butternut squash and hawaiian bread stuffing for me at home. fancy coffee for Gilmore Girls day.
- Happiness Continues: grateful! glad for staying calm while home alone. could have reached out to friends more than I did, so that might be something to work on when this happens next - friends are good!