Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 90. Recorded Saturday, June 18, 2016. It's partially cloudy and 61° in Vancouver, WA this afternoon.
the show-and-tell part of the #kdlbadventure, plus looking forward to other happy crafts into the summer.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: jumping right into the yarnings!
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: Omena thank you Johanne for the pattern :)
- FO: Ms. Zombie 2016 socks, continuing trend of Zombie-ish colorways for socks knit during the retreat (2014 was ZombiezDecay - Decay from Black Trillium, 2015 was Miss Zombie from Miss Babs.
- unshown FO: next design in Knitted Wit and Cyborg's Craft Room.
- WIP: sock blank socks in Alexandra's Craft blank I picked up on the Rose City Yarn Crawl this year.
- WIP: Summer Vines - contrast color band is done awaiting blocking
- NAP: considering a next shawl - maybe Choice bit of Calico by Sarah of Cultivate and Create. this would work for the PalKal.
- NAP: considering what to make with gifted handspun from Rebecca of Blue Bonnet Fiber. Might go with my leftover WooBu. PalKAL!
- NAP: what to put together for the Breathing Space. Perhaps my Dancing Dog Dyeworks Chile Verde with some handspun? minis? Possibly short sleeve? Both Lane and Anita mentioned wanting to make this together :)
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Rock and String Creations polwarth in Aura from Kentucky. on my akerworks spindle!
- hibernatingWIP: kaylee - Hobbledehoy battlings in the Kaylee's Parasol colorway; two packages.
- Tour de Fleece is coming up! I'm #teamsasquatch!
Yarnings: Stitch Through Time:
- FO-ish: english paper piecing class prep
- WIP: english paper piecing for me. using a Moda fabric that I got in charms, mini charms, and a jelly roll to make a quilt or wall hanging that incorporates the hexagons.
- hibernating WIP: slowly piecing a LOVEly quilt. Using Quilt in a Day.
- NAP: bought jersey fabric for tank. assessing pattern to figure out how to start cutting!
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- New Knitalong/Craftalong! Yarnings Summer School. Take a class, in person or online like Craftsy (affiliate link) and craft along with the class if possible. Share a summary of what you learned and a picture of your crafting or knitting while learning to be eligible for a prize or two. We have a pattern sponsor and some yarn.
- Yarnings: Stash Enhancements
- Goody Bag: Minis, bag, scissors, pouch, coupons. Yarn Lotto - pink yarn that was JavaJennie's
- Yarn: from the market - Sun Valley, Daizie Knits, Another Crafty Girl, 716knits, One Twisted Tree + sock sack. From destash - Sun Valley, MarigoldJen, Sophie's Toes from Erin; Yarn Ink from Chris. gifts of bags + yarn from friends.
- Fiber: from the market - Hobbledehoy. Handspun and Fiber from the knitting santa, Kelli.
- Bags: preordered unicorn kit from Sun Valley and Kitchen Counter Crafter, preorder of a Silver Shed USA bag, destash of a Namaste bag, several bags as gifts. a necklace from Kim, earrings from Lea.
- before ZK: Created by Elsie B fiber preorder.