Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 87. Recorded Monday, May 2, 2016. It's sunny and 82° in Vancouver, WA this afternoon, and the week will cool down a bit from here.
lots of knitting, spinning, and sewing; and happy to be celebrating my 40th over more than a single day!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: lots of bday fun! Portland adventure, and then my annual Extravaganza. new playlist. Included paper source, lunch, container store, B&N, Sur Le Table, dessert. niece bday party.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: castles socks.
- FO: Lady Meris - Meris by Elizabeth Doherty #elizalong in Marigoldjen. I need to block it, but got buttons at the Button Emporium!
- WIP: reknitting my in-process design in MarigoldJen and Happy Go Lucky.
- new WIP: sock blank socks in Alexandra's Craft blank I picked up on the Rose City Yarn Crawl this year.
- NAP: Test Knit with a baby swatch. blue jeans. and some Sun Valley leftovers.
- NAP: Omena.
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: kaylee - Hobbledehoy battlings in the Kaylee's Parasol colorway; two packages.
- WIP: Rock and String Creations polwarth in Aura from Kentucky. on my new akerworks spindle!
Yarnings: Stitch Through Time:
- FO: Frosted Pumpkin: The Bee Keeper. need to figure out a frame.
- WIP: slowly piecing quilt. Using Quilt in a Day, which was what I used when I was a teen and making quilts for my sisters, but checked out from the library then - found it at Powells in the last year or so and grabbed it!
- NAP: english paper piecing, next piece?
- NAP: bought jersey fabric for tank. assessing pattern to figure out how to start cutting!
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Imperial Settlers, The Manhattan Project, Roll for the Galaxy. Sushi Go on my bday. Legendary with new Cap expansion. Trajan.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Person of Interest with E. Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Ant-Man.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: listening to Rising Strong by Brene Brown. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Fanciful Chatter: colourpop makeup. perfectly posh organized and reordered - if you need some, you can order with my shopfront at kdlb.po.sh and I get a teeny bit back :). Trendiest Haircuts the year you were born - mine was the Dorothy Hamill!
- Happiness Continues: #kcelebrates40