Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 86. Recorded Friday, April 22, 2016. It's rainy and 61° in Vancouver, WA this afternoon, after a very hot week.
birthday month continues, and I want to cast on and start spinning and stitch more things asap!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: bday lunch with party favors. migraines but trying my best :)
- Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: #bggtherapy shawl - Therapy by Laura Ayler in Another Crafty Girl, Sun Valley Fibers, and 45° north
- WIP: castles socks.
- WIP: Lady Meris - Meris by Elizabeth Doherty #elizalong in Marigoldjen. I need buttons, maybe I can get to the Button Emporium this weekend?
- new WIP: reknitting my in-process design in MarigoldJen and Happy Go Lucky.
- NAP: thinking of what handspun I want to work with next! Omena. Test Knit for another designer.
- NAP: Summer Vines, and I want a contrasting color as the band, so I need to pick that
- NAP: sock blank socks in Alexandra's Craft blank I picked up on the Rose City Yarn Crawl this year. possibly the Wyvern pattern on the top?
- NAP: considering a next shawl - maybe Choice bit of Calico by Sarah of Cultivate and Create. Or Citron, I really want to knit another one of those!
- Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- FO: blue jeans. Three Fates Merino Nylon (superwash).
- WIP: kaylee - Hobbledehoy battlings in the Kaylee's Parasol colorway; two packages.
- WIP: Rock and String Creations polwarth in Aura from Kentucky. on my new akerworks spindle!
- Yarnings: Stitch Through Time:
- WIP: began piecing quilt. Using Quilt in a Day, which was what I used when I was a teen and making quilts for my sisters, but checked out from the library then - found it at Powells in the last year or so and grabbed it!
- NAP: bought jersey fabric for tank. assessing pattern to figure out how to start cutting!
Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- we need a new knitalong! I have some Posh prizes waiting, and a pattern donation.
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Viticulture. Grand Austrian Hotel, Trambahn on gameday at Guardian. Imperial Settlers, new game, thanks to the Fiber and Dice podcast for the prize.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Person of Interest with E. Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Agents of SHIELD. The Saint.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: listening to Rising Strong by Brene Brown. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Fanciful Chatter: colourpop makeup. perfectly posh organized and reordered - if you need some, you can order with my shopfront at kdlb.po.sh and I get a teeny bit back :)
- Book of Cooking: Ravioli Extravaganza. grilled cheese day, on cinnamon bread. Snoqualamie Falls pancake mix..
- Happiness Continues: yoga helping me find my zen - working through the poses that help get us ready for a bigger pose (this month is easy backbends, and this week was the Bow pose). reminds me of how smaller steps to a project go better when working towards a more specific goal than willy nilly - ie, stay focused, but do it in a wycwyc way! Planner pages for organizing thoughts.