Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 65. Recorded Friday, August 28, 2015.
all the knitting and spinning fit to be had for an episode with no name!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: a great deal of resting over the last 10 days. Serious fires in the area caused serious smoke. Swam in my parents pool with the kids.
Yarnings: Knitting Adventures: - all of these are #convokals!
- WIP: well-traveled viajante in peruvian alpaca. for Knitmore Girls' #behmalong and #summeroflaceandbeads.
- WIP: toes in the sand socks - purple toenails are a must for me - nail polish shown was China Glaze in Coconut Kiss and Ultra-Violet.
- WIP: Handspun American Oak. Poison Oak in One of a Kind American handspun and Madtosh composition book gray.
- WIP: Sushi (on the) Go! trillian for the Fiber and Dice #sushiquestyal
- NAP: want a shawl on the needles, maybe Stella Luna or another Cladonia. Madame Entrechat with chamboard handspun?
- next time, I'll show my Midwestern Knits book
- Yarnings: Spinning a Tale
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: Aug/Sept Q3 thread. Enter in the thread for awesome 2-skein Berry Colorful Yarnings prize, ending August 29th.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- played Eminent Domain: Microcosm. Sleeved and played Legendary's new Secret Wars expansion; still needs fancy-dancy dividers.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: continuing Agents of SHIELD season 2. while under the weather, much West Wing, finishing season 2. rewatched X2.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: comic books reference guides, for X-Men characters in the movies and the new characters we got with Legendary. listening to Snuff by Terry Pratchett. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Book of Cooking: homemade pizza, mac and cheese. Salad Monday?!
- Fanciful Chatter: Now Wearing: Halele'a vest, Bee necklace from Miss Purl.
- Happiness Continues: finding joy in