Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 64. Recorded Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
feelin' peachy keen after the beach! knit on all 3 projects each day of my anniversary trip, and geeked out over lots of fun things while there too.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: beach anniversary, 15 years. Everything is Peachy!
Yarnings: Knitting Adventures: - all of these are #convokals! Brought 3 projects to the beach and knit on each of them every day of the trip!
- FO: Over the Top Top. for Actually Knitting PALKAL. this time, wearing it!
- WIP: well-traveled viajante in peruvian alpaca. for Knitmore Girls' #behmalong and #summeroflaceandbeads.
- new WIP: toes in the sand socks - purple toenails are a must for me - nail polish shown was China Glaze in Coconut Kiss and Ultra-Violet.
- WIP: Handspun American Oak. Poison Oak in One of a Kind American handspun and Madtosh composition book gray.
- WIP: Sushi (on the) Go! trillian for the Fiber and Dice #sushiquestyal
- Yarnings: Spinning a Tale
- Yarnings: Multicraftual English Paper Piecing - showed off All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland. Cross stitch? sewing clothes? I want to do it all!
Yarnings: Knitting Community: opened Aug/Sept Q3 thread. Started thread for awesome 2-skein Berry Colorful Yarnings prize, ending August 29th.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: Stash Dash ran 5/22-8/14. Final count, 5111 meters (5589 yards). 9 knitting projects, 5 handspun stashes.
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- played Caverna, Harbour, and Castles of Burgundy at the beach. tried Carnival at guardian game day.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: continuing Agents of SHIELD season 2. borrowed The Thomas Crown Affair (Pierce Brosnan version) from the hotel, rented Edge of Tomorrow from redbox. Started West Wing.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: comic books! making my way through Uncanny X-Men. listening to Snuff by Terry Pratchett. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Collecting?? Funko Pop figures. Added to Willow and Kaylee with Agent Peggy Carter and Lady Sif
- Book of Cooking: continental breakfast required no cooking! Ate out at Tillamook Cheese Factory, Nana's Irish pub in Newport, Pig and Pancake in Lincoln City, and P.F. Changs on our way home. we had other simple meals in - fruit, crackers and cheese. And a more complex homemade meal of pumpkin ravioli with sauteed peppers in herb butter, fresh baked bread from a Harry and David's loaf, nice big salads, and ended with coffee cake, also from H&D.
- Fanciful Chatter: purple eyeliners - Urban Decay's 24/7 - rockstar, voodoo, crash. my posh stash that came on my trip. Amaazing Big Fat Yummy Handcream - you can visit my Posh site and ask via my normal means of communication if you have questions.
- Happiness Continues: Yoga this week: be willing to be dazzled. I am PRO-selfie (be reminded you are pretty!) Knitting in the chilly morning on the balcony. So much happiness for celebrating marriage!
You can also watch and subscribe on YouTube: