Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 33. Recorded Tuesday, November 4, 2014!
Episode 33 of the Yarnings Podcast includes lifestories, knitting, a look at starting a CustomFit sweater, as well as geeky, girly, and kitchen segments.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; KAL: knit a long.
- lifestories: halloween party including games (The Resistance and Splendor) and my Every Day is Halloween socks. migraine recovery!
- KALs: Trello app (and web interface) to organize my KALs, talked about wanting to add to the Geeky Girl Knits' Artistic Autumnal KAL.
- WIP: vanilla candy corn socks, got to knit on them on halloween!
- WIP: color affection
- new WIP: Sheepspot design - trying out Sheepspot's Sustainable Merino Fingering.
- new WIP: CustomFit Alta.
- mentioned my SZ: knitting resolutions.
- CustomFit - step 1: swatch; step 2: measure; step 3: pick a pattern!
- showed KnitCubby stitch marker and Rose City Yarn Crawl bag.
- podcasts that helped push me in the right direction recently: Knitting Butterflies, Special Edition: Amy Herzog, knit.fm episode 10, Modifying a Pattern.
- Geeky: enjoyed working on CSS on the yarningspodcast.com site. updated the links page.
- Girly: Now Wearing: bayou trellis lace scarf
- Geeky Girly: Teefury - Captain Hammer shirt, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog
- Kitchen: Baked Potato soup, I wasn't exact with any of my measurements, and I used chicken broth instead of milk.
- Kitchen: Sprinkle Shortbread Bites adapted for the fall by adding cardamom and finely minced crystalized ginger.
- Happy: carving out time (hat tip to Fiber & Dice podcast!) for photo challenges: ggkcraftypad for November and 100happydays.
You can also watch and subscribe on YouTube: