Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 77. Recorded Monday, January 22, 2015.
catching up after a busy, high health maintenance month! a glimpse at the recap, talking about some ideas for the new year, and more.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: holidays, colds, and migraines. new year, new plans! 2015 recaps throughout and on the blog.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- revisiting a FO: On The Motorway, talked about the details on episode 76, but now it's blocked!
- FO: Swiffer covers x2, also previously finished 4 dishclothes (Grandmother's Favorite pattern, adapted to add colors in different ways).
- FO: socks in Pannekoken Purple from Sparktickes Dyeworks in my creativemojo bag.
- WIP: Sugarplum - after half way done with the pattern I picked, I started freestylling and loved that so much that I ripped it out completely, swatches some, and started a design! only thing that remains from original design is the striping :D this multicolor is one of my preciousness, the third of this base I purchased one at a time each year at OFFF.
- new WIP: coziboxi - the Worsted Boxy in an alpaca yarn. cast on provisionally to work shoulder fiddlyness first, then stockinette in the round downward for whatever length I want.
- Stash: christmas gifts.
- NAP: next socks. probably AnotherCraftyGirl's Countryside Castle. it's time for a cleaning of my queue to make it more usable!
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- new WIP: blue jeans. Three Fates Merino Nylon (superwash). very smooth and fine. may turn into a 2 ply heavy lace/light fingering.
- previous FO: wormhole ultralight washed up to a sport weight. considering getting a Madtosh Pashmina to pair with it for a shawl.
- may start plying old singles of a Huckleberry Knits BFL from 2012.
- Yarnings: Stitch Through Time: English Paper Piecing (EPP); mentioned All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland - sewing motifs together, making a board. Sewing Machine is here, got iron too. Finished wall hanging, bulletin board, motifs for pillows. next up, pillows. maybe making a fat quarter bag to practice sewing skills first. with Christmas monies: got cutting tools, pins, pincushion, and more.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: the finale of 2015 convokal thread. NEED TO DRAW A WINNER! new year, new prizes?
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- December: played 13 games - Christmas weekend and New Year's Eve were notable game days. new games: Eminent Domain, Walnut Grove, both purchased from used shelf. Best Treehouse Ever and Keyflower came from kickstarters. Flip City and expansions for Castles of Burgundy, Lewis and Clark, and Sushi Go were in E's stocking. Legendary: Secret Wars Volume 2 expansion has been sleeved and played once.
- January so far: 9 plays.
- declared 10x10 intention - using BG Stats app for tracking, which sends data to boardgamegeek. plan to do the fiberanddice challenge of knitting and playing and taking a picture of it again this year.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: rewatched season 1 of Revolution and watched season 2 for the first time. caught up with all of Person of Interest season 4 once it was added to Netflix. watched some Flashpoint between things. began Alias again. more Farscape (s4). movies: White Christmas (with cookie baking, a tradition!), Timeline (rewatch on Christmas Day), The Sum of All Fears (rewatch), Last Passenger, Stolen. I got an Apple TV!
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: finished For The Win by Cory Doctorow. finished Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin. finishing Lock In by John Scalzi, narrated by Wil Wheaton. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Fanciful Chatter: last year was a good year for rediscovering my girlyness - Perfectly Posh and Chloe and Isabel and Sweetlegs were favorite finds.
- Book of Cooking: veggie cheese soup. fried chicken soup. baked potato bar for brother in law and cousin; leftover scramble. not feeling overly creative to try new recipes, but improvising a few things here and there.
- Happiness Continues thinking about the new year, and my framework for habits in the coming year - reinvigorate myself in 2016. yoga joy for just how many months I was able to practice this year.