Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 74. Recorded Wednesday, November 25, 2015.
living a life of gratefulness. a "drawer" of hats. nakniswemo + more!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
Lifestories: finding breaks to film! renovations, and researching for the next steps. Blog post on kadyellebee: Home Renovations, phase 1, Home Renovations, phase 2, Home Renovations, phase 3, Phase 4, Phase 5, Phase 6.
holidays can be busy and hectic and stressful and even anxiety inducing. practicing gratefulness helps some.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- WIP: nakniswemo hexi yoke sweater with Daizie Knits and my cheesecake handspun.
- WIP: Callais hat in Bumblebirch Venacular.
- WIP: On The Motorway, out of the yarn ripped from my oldest sweater, MrDarkGreenjeans. part of the Midwestern Knits Knitalong.
- WIP: socks in Pannekoken Purple from Sparktickes Dyeworks in my creativemojo bag.
- paused WIP: dishclothes, 4 finished. Grandmother's Favorite pattern, adapted to add colors in different ways. Swiffer cover prototype in process.
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Rad Ultralight from Knitty in Color. Still thinking it might become a citron, called something about wormholes because it looks like the rainbow colors in wormholes - and I've watched a lot of SG-1 and Farscape while spinning the singles ;)
- Yarnings: Stitch Through Time: English Paper Piecing (EPP); mentioned All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland; 19 of the flowers sewn together with accent color between. 14 flowers still to be sewn together. part of the accent color hexis need basting for filling in and edging. A few extra hexis will turn into half-flower motifs to fill in as well. Checked out The New Hexagon. so enjoying this!
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: the finale of 2015 convokal thread. Started watching a new podcast, daizieknits on youtube. the knitting community is such a blessing to me!
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- nothing. But we have a table now, so *maybe* this weekend! Showed off Manhattan Project.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Agents of SHIELD and Castle. finished SG-1 again. Farscape. Knights of Badassdom. Bourne Supremacy. Excited to watch Jessica Jones and SG-1 movies.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: For The Win by Cory Doctorow. Started Inhumans comic series (volume 1). I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Fanciful Chatter: my "drawer" of hats. I'm a Star, Easiest Bulky Hat, Sockhead Hat, Slip Slant Hat, Rosewater, Slouchy Roadtrip Hat, Purple Snow, Meret. I'm missing my Christmas Sockhead!
- Book of Cooking: tried Beecher's Mac and Cheese. my favorite thanksgiving food at our family gathering - butternut squash (which might not get made?), my sister-in-law's pineapple salad (with red hots and cool whip!), white meat turkey my dad makes, with our family's cranberry salad made by my sister. I like Pumpkin Pie with cool whip, and when I cook, I love to make coconut cream pie.
- Happiness Continues: sending signals to the body that it's okay by stacking the joints. groundedness and balance in all things is good :)