Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 73. Recorded Thursday, November 12, 2015.
serious progress on my NaKniSweMo sweater. Review of Cast Iron, Cast On (sneak peak: it's my kind of book!). stash enhancements from the gorge.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
Lifestories: been filming videos for over a year now :) renovations, and researching for the next steps. Blog post on kadyellebee: Home Renovations, phase 1, Home Renovations, phase 2, Home Renovations, phase 3, Phase 4.
Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival: Sarah of bumblebirch, Melanie of Black Trillium, Abstract Fiber ladies, Stephania of Three Fates; looked at Alexandria's Crafts, Stitch Jones, Thoroughly Thwacked, DragynKnits; meet several podcast viewers (hi Leslie!)and Instagram followers.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- FO: well-traveled viajante accessories
- WIP: nakniswemo hexi yoke sweater with Daizie Knits and my cheesecake handspun.
- new WIP: Callais hat in Bumblebirch Venacular.
- paused WIP: On The Motorway, out of the yarn ripped from my oldest sweater, MrDarkGreenjeans. part of the Midwestern Knits Knitalong.
- WIP: socks in Pannekoken Purple from Sparktickes Dyeworks in my creativemojo bag.
- WIP: dishclothes, 4 finished. Grandmother's Favorite pattern, adapted to add colors in different ways. Swiffer cover prototype in process.
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Rad Ultralight from Knitty in Color.
- STASH: CGFF purchases
- Yarnings: Stitch Through Time: English Paper Piecing (EPP); mentioned All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland; 30 flowers finished. basting done for 3 more flowers worth (21 hexis) + complimentary color for additional patches.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: Episode 71's prize drawing. the finale of 2015 convokal thread.
Book of Cooking: review of Cast Iron, Cast On - thank you to Cooperative Press for the review copy. Available on Amazon and Ravelry.
I'm knitting the Calais hat first, but Taxara and Cucurbita and Latuca are definitely my style. I want to bake the Holiday Chocolate Bark, Blueberry Jam Cobbler, Harvest Pesto Cornbread, and Boiled Apple Cider Dumplings! I really enjoyed the intro and the stories introducing each month - it really emphasized local and seasonal foods and knit items. I'm on the other side of the country and I'm not a farm girl, but I see a lot of things that are things I would say or do and just love the way they combined knitting and cooking. Well done!
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Russian Railroads, Isle of Skye (2x2), Broom Service.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Agents of SHIELD and Castle. Air Force One. Farscape. Stargate SG-1.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: finished You're Never Weird on the Internet (almost) by Felicia Day and Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett. Began For The Win by Cory Doctorow. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Fanciful Chatter: now wearing, Aestlight by Gudrun Johnston, recently rereleased. new Amethyst earrings (party link). Perfectly Posh Lip Butter (join for Posh Perks).
- Happiness Continues: conscious effort to sit by my happy lamp (Verilux brand from Costco).