Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 70. Recorded Friday, October 23nd, 2015.
Updates from my actual craft room, now that I'm back from the road trip! trifecta of crafts: knitting, spinning, sewing. look at Castles of Burgundy, more hexagon love, and a stash enhancement. fancifully looking at skin care and upcoming jewelry party. all good stuff!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: home again, home again + return to renovations. Blog post on kadyellebee: Home Renovations, phase 1.
- Yarnings: Knitting Adventures:
- FO: Madame Rustica with chamboard handspun
- WIP: On The Motorway, out of the yarn ripped from my oldest sweater, MrDarkGreenjeans. part of the Midwestern Knits Knitalong
- WIP: dishclothes, 3 finished. Grandmother's Favorite pattern, adapted to add colors in different ways.
- WIP: new socks in Pannekoken Purple from Sparktickes Dyeworks in my creativemojo bag.
- WIP: well-traveled viajante in peruvian alpaca. for Knitmore Girls' #behmalong and #summeroflaceandbeads.
- Stash: yarn/fiber from Ewe + You in Irvine, CA.
- Yarnings: Spinning a Tale:
- WIP: Rad Ultralight from Knitty in Color.
- Yarnings: Multicraftual: English Paper Piecing (EPP); mentioned All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland; 16 flowers finished, 56 hexes basted (to turn into 8 more flowers). read from Hexa-Go-Go.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: Aug/Sept Q3 thread. WINNER announced, with donated prize from RainStorm Studios and A Riot of Color.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- no played games except SimCity BuildIt on my phone. Showing Castles of Burgundy since the games are up here..
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Agents of SHIELD, Castle. cheesy disaster movie with Desmond ;) (10.0 Earthquake with Henry Ian Cusick)
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: finished Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett. started You're Never Weird on the Internet (almost) by Felicia Day. started Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett. Age of Ultron comic book. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
- Book of Cooking: grab and go - premade salads, frozen stuff, jazzing up frozen stuff with fancy frozen veggie mixes.
- Fanciful Chatter: my choice of skincare from Perfectly Posh (if you buy with this link, I get a little back): alternating Delish and BFF for face wash, MOisturize 911 during the day, Apricots Overnight at night. Under Wonder before foundation. and with buy 5, get 1 free, the bonus awesome that I showed off is a holiday special, Lil Ginger Gets Snappy lotion.
coming soon, Chloe + Isabel JEWELRY PARTY!
- Happiness Continues: decompressing, reflecting, adjusting.