Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 49. Recorded Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Thinking about how I use my stash after watching a Craftsy class. No FOs but slow progress on all the things. Introductions for another group of people on the forums. And quick geeky, cooking, and fanciful thoughts!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: a good mail day with a bag from The Silver Shed USA. Getting ready to go on the Rose City Yarn Crawl.
- WIP: Spirited Clouds in Bumblebirch cocoon.
- WIP: New growth socks
- WIP: #convokal Nuvem in Knit Picks Shadow. Conversation KAL. in my JavaJennie Kitchen Counter Crafter bag.
- WIP: handspun harmonize for the harmonize KAL
- new WIP: sample for one of my designs
- NAP: swatched for Flare in Dancing Dog Dyeworks.
- Queued: Balinese Cardi by Elizabeth Green Musselman of Dark Matter Knits.
- Spinning a Tale: another mini skein from my trindle, talked about containers for carrying them around with me.
- Knitting Community: The Yarnings group on rav has 2 KALs going on now, Conversation Knits, Harmonize - and AnitaT finished her Harmonize!
- Topic: Stashbusting. Prompted by Clara Parkes class on Craftsy (I'm an affiliate but it doesn't cost you anything to click the links to the classes!).
- Ideas for using stash: my Laneway Tunic, and 3 shawls that were good stashbusters: Color Affection, Piper's Journey, Roman Laurels
- organizing my stash: my Expedit (now discontinued, but IKEA sells the Kallax that is similar) with bins and boxes. I sort by yarn weight for the most part.
- destashing: I have some yarn available for destash or trade, this sometimes is a helpful way to get yarn out of your stash you don't have the same excitement to use, but is still great usable yarn.
- how do you organize and use your stash? is it all on ravelry? comment on the thread for this episode in the rav group.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: started a geeklist for my 10x10 challenge. getting ready for Gamestorm. and The DoubleClicks performance!
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek: Legendary, Castles of Burgundy, Among the Stars at our Local Game Store.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: Lost, Agent Carter.
- Book of Cooking: Mac and Cheese, awesome sandwich cookies. Heart-shaped Pizza. Fried Chicken Soup, Soda Bread. Visited Penzey's and got an array of lovely spices.
- Fanciful Chatter: Kristine's Closet: arranged my earrings a little better. Reading about Capsule Wardrobes on Hey Eleanor.
- Happiness Continues: thankful for a weekend out with Eric.
You can also watch and subscribe on YouTube: