Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 94. Recorded Tuesday, August 23, 2016. It's clear skies and 59° in Vancouver, WA this morning.
Join me from my outside space at the library with some stories. The story of a long hibernating pair of socks that were finished with #stashdash is spotlighted.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: sprained ankle still recovering. anniversary drive up the gorge let me intro E to Hamilton.
Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
- Stashdash 2016 totals: 7335 yards knit + 1196 yards spun = 8531 total yardage, which is 7800 meters! 3 tops, 3 shawls, 3 pairs of socks + 2 braids of fiber spun.
- FO: Island Vote Socking from 2012 #sockthevote knitalong with the SingleHanded Knit podcast.
- WIP: 2 red witches socks in 716knits yarn "bored now" colorway. PALKAL for the bag.
- new WIP: considering what to make with gifted handspun from Rebecca of Blue Bonnet Fiber. Might go with my leftover WooBu. PalKAL!
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale: Tour de Fleece ended 7/24 #teamsasqatch.
- WIP: Santa Creek Creations polwarth gemtones - 12oz purchased at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival last November.
- Knitalong/Craftalong! Yarnings Summer School. Take a class, in person or online like Craftsy (affiliate link) and craft along with the class if possible. In the thread, share a summary of what you learned and a picture of your crafting or knitting while learning to be eligible for a prize or two. We have a pattern sponsor and some yarn. I attempted to watch Piece by Piece: Quilt-As-You-Go Techniques (affiliate link), but I had a hard time connecting with the hostess. I knit on my Summer Vines while I watched. Also read Short Row Knits by Carol Feller.
- KAL for Superpowers Shawl. The thread is now opened! There's a coupon code in the episode.
- My patterns are part of the PALKAL for the Actually Knitting podcast (through September 15th).
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Dice City. Isle of Skye and Islebound at Guardian Game day. Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction. Xenon Profiteer with Leah as part of #auntkristinesknittingschool. Pokemon Go!
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching:The 4400 rewatch with E, on s04. finished Stranger Things. Gilmore Girls and The West Wing on my own.
- Fanciful Chatter: LuLaRoe heart skirt (my first Madison, it has pockets! from my friend Dacia's group) paired with my Hitofude. new Chloe + Isabel Geovista jewelry (from my friend Denise's site). Colourpop lips and eyes in pink.
- Book of Cooking: salads with fun fruit toppings. my Instant Pot's name is Yuna (of Final Fantasy X and X-2) - made several recipes in Yuna recently: Butternut Squash Risotto and a Spicy Raisin Steel Cut Oats (started with this recipe and changed up the flavors).
- Happiness Continues: loving my library (Fort Vancouver Regional Library: Vancouver branch). Lavender at the hospital.