Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 62. Recorded Wednesday, July 29 and Thursday, July 30, 2015.
Joy and pride at Tour de Fleece success. Setting my eyes on what might get accomplished for Stashdash. Prizes for contests and more contests opening. Wardrobe change!
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: normal stuff afoot!
Yarnings: Knitting Adventures: - all of these are #convokals! And Stashdash2015, provided I finish things!
- WIP: Over the Top Top. for Actually Knitting PALKAL.
- WIP: well-traveled viajante in peruvian alpaca. for Knitmore Girls' #behmalong and #summeroflaceandbeads.
new WIP: pink stripe socks- Berry Colorful Yarnings in a Yarnings inspired colorway! decided this yarn was too awesome and needed to be around my neck!
- WIP: Sushi (on the) Go! trillian for the Fiber and Dice #sushiquestyal
- NAP: handspun top - Poison Oak - talk about with the yarn for it in spinning
- kinda hybernating WIPs: cashy sleeves for #behmalong; bumblebead neckie: necklace with leftover Bumblebirch yarn and leftover nuvem beads
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale - It's Tour de Fleece, and I'm Team Sasquatch all the way! I had a summary post on Team Sasquatch, and my Play-by-play was in the Sun Valley boards. Also counting for Stashdash based on the final yardage of the yarn spun (1522 yards/1392 meters).
- previous FO: hawkeyes from Daizie Knits.
- FO: One of a Kind American, plied with a silver laceweight for optimum yardage. 678 yards, heavy fingering weight.
- FO: plying old Blarney Yarn singles in Chambord colorway from the summer of 2012. 2-plied, then decided to cable ply that for a more usable yarn. 664 yards, sport weight. Also, talked about my new Label maker I used to label all my individual skeins.
- WIP: Purple Ply on the Fly, sent spindle back to trindleman.
- WIP: finishing singles for cheesecake from Woolgatherings from last summer. Almost done with singles, spun about 2 cops full during this tour and 2 1/2 were done before.
Yarnings: Knitting Community:#convokal ended for Q2, with a pattern prize from AnitaT and yarn from Berry Colorful Yarnings! tune in to see if you won! please claim within 30 days.
opening Aug/Sept Q3 thread and opening thread for awesome 2-skein BCY prize.
- Yarnings: Knitting Community: Stash Dash runs 5/22-8/14. At just over 5k, if I finish my Sushi (on the) Go! and my Over the Top top!
Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- played Manhattan Project, Legendary, and Harbour.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: continuing Agents of SHIELD season 2, continuing Stargate SG-1/Atlantis.
Sagas of Geekery: Now Reading: comic books!
Ms. Marvel, vol 2. Looking through a character guide. and listening to I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett again. I'm kdlb on goodreads.
Mention of more comics on my Comixology account to read - if you use that link and sign up to read, I'll get a little bonus!
- Book of Cooking: big beautiful salad with Chicken stripes. Fancy oatmeal. Cold Brew Stumptown coffee with Chocolate Chai concentrate. Mexican nachos with garbage bowl.
- Fanciful Chatter: Now wearing: made-over Laar cardi. Karen Hallion "I Know My Value" Agent Carter card, signed by Hayley Atwell! for my wall of geekery.
- Happiness Continues: great yoga class thoughts this week about considering my target. Where am I aiming? If I don't know, I can't hit that goal!
You can also watch and subscribe on YouTube: