Quick recap: Lots of love for Portland events and random geekyness. Finishing and starting many yarnings. Finding a connection between the songs I'm listening to and how they connect (ala 6-degrees style).
- Portland's airport code is PDX. I live across the river on the Washington side.
- friends-and-food socks (project page) are done!
- Optim (stash page) + some extra Merino/Silk (stash page) are washed
- unwindspinalong: Unwind Yarn Company in Polworth and BFL Swirl (which I misspoke and called BFL/Silk on air); stash page
- colorway is Abalone, which i looked up after recording: wikipedia: abalone
- cast on for Angostura (project page) from Little Red in the City by Ysolda Teague in madelinetosh tosh merino - Vintage Gothic colorway is a blacky plummy purple.
- went to Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book tour stop in Portland at Powell's for All Wound Up. The Oregonian's knitting section did a nice interview with her before she arrived. And Stephanie has her recap post up too.
- attending Ysolda Teague's book tour at Happy Knits next weekend.
- pumpkin brownies with butterfingery glaze
- geeky segmented cake pan
- added knitajourney and SpinDoctor to my regular podcast listening list
- geeky firefly "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" t-shirt, indigodragonfly has it as a colorway name
- story about how it comes back to Portland in my media: acquiring country songs TO Hart of Dixie TO Dixie Chicks TO Angel (episode Shells) TO A Place Called Home by Kim Richey (from Angel Soundtrack) TO Christian Kane who films in Portland with Leverage
- geeky: 1up hair clip found via Just One More Row's podcast segment
- Brass Needles podcast
- Crafty Wonderland has 2 shows a year in Portland