Welcome to the Yarnings Podcast, episode 92. Recorded Friday, July 15, 2016. It's sunny and 60° in Vancouver, WA this morning.
A new pattern release! Lots of spinning with Tour de Fleece and Team Sasquatch. Plenty more resting on the couch as my ankle recovers.
I'd love to know more about YOU, visit the "Introduce Yourself" thread and get to know other group members too.
FO: Finished Object; WIP: Work in Progress; NAP: Needle Adjacent Project, soon to be cast on; SAP: Spindle Adjacent Project, soon to be spun up; Queue: a list of what's up next; KAL: knit a long; Stash: yarn I own waiting to be used.
- Lifestories: ankle is getting stronger, walking is still a challenge for more than 10 minutes.
- Yarnings: Adventures in Knitting
Yarnings: Spinning a Tale: It's Tour de Fleece! #teamsasqatch through 7/24.
- FO: Huckleberry Knits BFL in Orchid Thief - spun in 2012, plied on new bigger turkish
- WIP: Santa Creek Creations polwarth gemtones - 12oz purchased at the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival last November.
- WIP: Rock and String Creations polwarth in Aura from Kentucky. on my akerworks spindle!
- NAP: next singles to ply are my kaylee - Hobbledehoy battlings in the Kaylee's Parasol colorway
Yarnings: Stitch Through Time:
- WIP: english paper piecing for me. using a Moda fabric that I got in charms, mini charms, and a jelly roll to make a quilt or wall hanging that incorporates the hexagons.
- NAP: want to pick another Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery project to make.
- Yarnings: Multicraftual: coloring challenge #thedailymarker30days with my friend Emilia
- Yarnings: Knitting Community:
- New Knitalong/Craftalong! Yarnings Summer School. Take a class, in person or online like Craftsy (affiliate link) and craft along with the class if possible. In the thread, share a summary of what you learned and a picture of your crafting or knitting while learning to be eligible for a prize or two. We have a pattern sponsor and some yarn. I attempted to watch Piece by Piece: Quilt-As-You-Go Techniques (affiliate link), but I had a hard time connecting with the hostess. I knit on my Summer Vines while I watched. Also read Short Row Knits by Carol Feller.
- KAL for Superpowers Shawl. The thread is now opened! There's a coupon code in the episode.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Playing: boardgamegeek:
- Race for the Galaxy. Viticulture and Istanbul while spinning. Roll for the Galaxy.
- Sagas of Geekery: Now Watching: finished Numb3rs (had to finish on Amazon Prime). nearly done with s3 of Fringe. Installed PBS app on AppleTV to watch new Great British Baking Show. returned to Bones - finished s7, started s8. started Gilmore Girls. restarted The West Wing with the podcast commentary. Survivor (Milla Jovavich/Pierce Brosnan), Jurassic Park and Lost World, Eve of Destruction (disaster mini-series with Steven Weber, Christina Cox)
- Fanciful Chatter: superhero jewelry - earrings and bracelet from Bomb Dot Com Geekery. new fav Colourpop eye shadow: Sugar.
- Book of Cooking: We've had a lot of easy food that doesn't take too much standing and waiting to complete.
- Happiness Continues: "I am the one thing in life I can control... I am inimitable, I am an original" from Hamilton's Wait For It (Leslie Odom, Jr. as Aaron Burr).